Welcome to James Madison Primary School.
Below are tips to help your child have a healthy experience at school.
Health Office Reminders
- You must notify the school if your child will be absent by 9:30am
- Life Threatening Conditions – If your child has a life-threatening condition please contact the health office to discuss medical needs.
- If your child is unable to participate in physical education class for more than one day, due to illness or an injury, a doctor's note is needed.
Medication at School
- Administration of all prescription and over-the-counter medications must be on the district’s approved medication order form. The forms are available on the Edison district website, located here.
- Please remember to sign your portion of the form allowing the school nurse to administer the medication.
- The medication prescribed should be sent into school in the original box you receive it in from the pharmacy, with the pharmacy label attached.
It is also important to keep the health office updated with any vaccinations that have been given in order to keep your child in compliance with state vaccine regulations.
- The State of New Jersey requires immunizations before a child may begin school. Please see HS FORM #16F for Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten Registration OR HS FORM 16G for new student registration Grades 1-12.
- You can contact The Edison Township Health Department at 732-248-7285 if you have any immunization questions or are in need of your child being immunized (Appointments are required.)
Ill or Injured Students
The school health room is for temporary care only. As soon as possible, an authorized adult must pick up students when notified by the school nurse. In the interest of your child’s health as well as the health of other students, it is suggested that you keep your child home if he/she has any of the following symptoms:
~~Fever (100 degrees or greater)~~ ~~Vomiting/Diarrhea~~
~~Heavy, severe or constant coughing~~ ~~Earache~~
~~Severe Headache and/or Stomachache~~ ~~Unexplained rash~~
~~Redness/drainage from eye~~ ~~Severe cold symptoms~~
** YOUR CHILD MUST BE FEVER FREE FOR 24 HOURS WITHOUT THE USE OF ANY FEVER REDUCER BEFORE THEY CAN RETURN TO SCHOOL**
- Fill out your child’s emergency information completely and notify the office of any changes in your telephone numbers.
- Discuss pick-up plans with your emergency contacts so they will know your expectations if you are unavailable.
- If you need help accessing community resources such as healthcare, health insurance, counseling resources or food and clothing bank, please contact the health office.